Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pierce's Debute into the World

Let's start this blog with a small shout out to sweet little baby Jesus. Baby Jesus, THANK YOU for finally sending us some good weather! Yesterday was beautiful! I got to sit outside and read (and hopefully get some sun) AND go on two walks! Yes, you read correct - two.

OK, I have gotten a little ahead of myself - I just got really excited about the weather.

Last week Pierce had his one month check up. He weighed in at a whopping 10.5lbs (that gym work really paid off). He has also grown an inch. The doctor said he was perfect and beautiful. I agreed. Next time we go he has to get shots. I wonder if it is too early to start the tradition of stopping to get ice cream on the way home from the doc everytime you get stuck... I mean, I know Pierce can't really eat the ice cream, but he will technically get to enjoy it during his next feeding... I will let you know what we decide.

The rest of the week was a blur of sitting around being cute. Pierce has really started to get a little personality. He plays alot more now.. smiling and kicking his legs like a mad man. I think I have 2 hours of video of just him laying on his changing pad or play mat - giggling at the fact that he doesn't have all his clothes on! :)

The weekend was good .. it is slowly becoming my favorite time because Brandon is around all day. It is so fun to watch him play with Pierce! I am not sure Laya likes it very much.. but I think it is precious!

This week brought the arrival of the beautiful weather that I was thanking Baby Jesus for!!! FINALLY it was above 60 degrees and nice outside! Other than the going to the doctor, the weather has forced us to be completely home bound. This chance to get outside could not have come at a better time.... I am not sure how much more 'inside time' I could handle.

Yesterday me, Pierce and Laya walked around the neighborhood! I opened the house and even spent about an hour sitting on the porch reading (this, by the way, is how I imagined my Maternity Leave would go). Later that afternoon, Katie called and invited u

2 comments:

  1. I love the fact that you are blogging because you 'write like you talk' and it makes me laugh a lot! I love it. but what happened to the rest of the text it cut off after Katie called and invited u....??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious, Jenny!! Glad yall are enjoying the weather! This weekend should be great!

    ReplyDelete